Podcast Nation is a documentary showcasing the most interesting or most unusual podcasts around the country, focusing on the people behind the mics, the events or subjects that drive their broadcasts, as well as a running dialogue on the growth of podcasting as a medium for communication.
The Bottom Line: What is podcasting, who are the podcasters, and why does podcasting matter?
Structure of Segments:
1. Intro: Description of the basic elements of their show, we feature podcasts from around the country who may only be known in a local area, thus gaining local podcasters national attention.
2. 2-5 Minutes – Establish the city, introduce the podcast and the people who do it.
3. “First Act” – Short history (how did they get into podcasting), Tour of the podcaster’s studio, Exposition of what their show is about and what kind of topics they discuss, and a reveal of the event that we will be covering with said podcast in the segment.
4. Interstitial segment – Social media breakdown for that podcast – here’s their Facebook, their Twitter, etc.
5. “Second Act” – Preparing for the event to be covered; doing research on the event and who’s going to be there, logistic details (setting up interviews, getting press passes, etc.)
6. Interstitial segment – Tech review (e.g. microphone, mixer, software, etc.)
7. “Third Act” – Covering the event itself, wrapping up the event and reflection afterwords.
8. 2-5 Minutes: We sit down with the podcast and do some bantering about the particular topic that podcast covers
TENTATIVE EVENTS FOR 2017:
SDCC 2017 (?)